Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Scrap wall quilt and pink tote

This week I managed to use most of my small scraps of solid fabrics. I finished this top.



As well as 3 more miniture log cabin blocks for the WIP quilt...





I could not help myself when I received the lastest copy of "Patchwork & Stitching" magazine; I had to make this little tote.  Pink is not a colour I use a great deal (although I have a fair bit of pink toned fabrics). I machine applique and  added tiny buttons.




And finally, I enrolled in the 2011 Rainbow Scrap Challenge to incorporate as many scraps in projects as possible. If you are interested, check out   http://superscrappy.blogspot.com/ for more details.

5 comments:

  1. Love the bag and blocks but especially LOVE the scrappy solid quilt. I have signed up for the 2011 Rainbow Scrap Challenge too. Lots of fun to come! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Celia
    I have just found your blog through Big tent. I have loved the posts and projects so far, thank you. Keep up the good work. Have a lovely Christmas. Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those little log cabin blocks. What a great idea to keep a stack of foundations to make blocks for future projects. Love your scrappy solid quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Celia,
    Welcome to the world of blogging! I love making bags also and was pleased to see your bags. Thanks for sharing. If you like to use scraps, you might look up Bonnie Hunt. She uses a technique called leaders and enders where you make 4 patches and other small blocks at the beginning and end of your piecing. I do this with a variety of shapes and am amazed at how much more I get done. She was interviewed on Pat Sloan's podcast towards the beginning of Pat's podcast.
    Best wishes,
    Jaye
    http://artquiltmaker.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great solid scrap quilt. I love your use of color. Thanks for the Scrap Challenge advertisement!

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...