Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Friday, January 7, 2011

Hawaiian fabrics, Kindle bag & Logcabin blocks

Last September I cruised some of the Hawaiian islands and bought some fabrics to make "Dresden Plate" blocks. Its a UFO at the moment, so I have been sorting and cutting more wedges to give it some progress.

Each block requires 20 wedges and at the moment I haven't decided how big the quilt is going to be, although I have enough fabric for more than one large quilt.
For the background I have chosen a yellow solid fabric but for the centres of each Dresden Plate I am not sure. Any suggestions ?



Have made my first 5 of the 50 planned mini log cabins....



Just completed a Kindle bag for a collegue of my husband. I purchased this fabric at The City Quilter in Manhattan last year.




4 comments:

  1. Love the colours in the dresden plates, can't wait to see that finished. No help with the colours for the centres though, maybe a different one for each? Love hte log cabins too - how big are the blocks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I can't resist suggesting black and white spot for the centre of the dresden plates. That is interesting fabric you bought in New York.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those Dresden plate fabrics are gorgeous! What about solid black for the centers? Or black background to make the fabrics really pop and yellow solid for centers? The main thing is what pleases you. Can't wait to see the finished quilt! It will be beautiful!
    LaDonna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those Dresden blocks. I like the color of the background, too. I might choose different solid colors for each center. Whatever you do that will be a great quilt and a UFO finished.

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...