Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Quilt for my mum

Back in December 2010, I wanted to try a new technique for making pinwheels that didn't require cutting out triangles. I made up the blocks so fast that I ended up with a top done very quickly.
Its now been quilted and I am giving it to my mom when I see her early April.

Its going to be a surprise..

Here it is...


And a close up to show the quilting stitches...



I really like the way it turned out.

9 comments:

  1. That is really pretty Celia. I love the colours and I am sure your Mum will too. The quilting looks lovely too. What a nice surprise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Such a cheerful quilt!

    LaDonna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure your Mum will love it. The quilting pattern is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Celia, I think I know the technique that you are talking about. Love it! The quilt is beautiful, fun and colorful. I am sure that you mom is going to treasure it. Great job!

    Cheers,
    Bobbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is so impressive! Your quilting really looks nice on this. Glad you took a closeup photo to show us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is beautiful and I'm sure will be treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Mom will love it, like your straight forward style of quilting. I joined your blog as a Follower, I hope you will take a look at my blog Sugarland Quilts. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...