Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Just playing...

I didn't spend too much time sewing today, but managed to get into my studio a few times to play.
Finished the second of the three quilts that I am presenting as gifts but I won't show the full picture in case the recipient sees the blog...
So I took a photo of the backing...




Felt like playing with my scraps, so went through the bags and cut up squares, triangles and a few rectangles, so one day I can just start sewing as recommended by Bonnie Hunter.
There isn't sufficient pieces at the moment as it takes quite a long time to cut them up.



In the process of sorting throught the scraps, I was inspired to make 10 miniature log cabin blocks which is one of the goals I decided early in the year. These take up so little fabric and are such fun to make.  They are 5" and I have done 75 so far. Not sure how many more I'll make but will keep on using my very small scraps until it looks that I have put a dent in it... who knows when that will be, as they seem to be growing !


3 comments:

  1. I do love the backing for the quilt - haven't seen fabric like that or maybe i am not looking! Love those log cabins too - next year maybe we need to do another monthly swap and yo can do log cabins for me - and think of something I can do for you. 75 of them - that quilt is going to look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny thing about those scraps....I swear mine just keep multiplying! You'll really love having your scraps organized it makes all the difference especially when doing one of Bonnie's mysteries.
    Have you done one yet? You've got to try one :0).

    Happy Sewing,
    kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. A couple of weeks ago I was ready to give my scrap bag away, now I have second thoughts. I would made a scrap log cabin when I wouldn't have the patience to make some of the more intricate Bonnie Hunter quilts. Will take a second look at my scrap bag. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...