Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Monday, April 25, 2011

Civil War Bride Quilt - block 6 & special goodies

Here's my 6th block of the Civil War Bride Quilt. This one was straight forward and I'm getting better with the feet of the birds.



I spent a few hours at the Organic Market in Bryanston and picked up these...
All locally made and for some stalls we can speak to the makers at work...





These were made by African Woman's Self Help Community groups ...


And finally, my mom gave me this doll which she had when she was little in Portugal.
She reckons its at least 70 years old but I don't know much about these types of dolls apart from the fact she is very fragile and hasn't got any of her original clothes ?
Have you seen these types of dolls before  and are they collector's items ?




I'm hoping to spend a few hours sewing and if all goes well I'll blog something interesting soon.

4 comments:

  1. You have some beautiful pieces from the market. Your applique looks great. What method of applique are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of nice goodies from your trip. Lucky you! Ithink you should get your doll valued. if she is that old you should know what she is worth and what she is made of so that you can take care of her appropriately. My Mum had a couple of dolls that would have been about that old and they were fairly precious! Unfortunately my sisters have them... :-(.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your applique is beautifully done.I find needle turn a bit difficult. It was nice to receive a comment in portuguese from Australia. It's really a small world after all.
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...