Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Small Quilts and Cushions I made

I'm slowly working on a quilt but until its finished I won't post a picture...
However, I'll share with you a number of projects I have done over the years.
Mainly cushions and small quilts. Some have been given away but others I have around my home.

This cushion was inspired by the play "Three Sisters" by the russian playwright Anton Chekhov.

 


For this one, I was given the border fabric and that started the inspiration...



I saw this design in a store years ago and had to make it... used my own handprint...



 This one was done many years ago, when the 1930's type stype fabrics weren't as popular as they are now.  At the time I didn't like these fabrics but decided to still use them to widen my tastes... I have this little quilt on a wall in my bedroom.



 This is a mug rug that I wanted to try out 'blue' work..



 This mini-quilt is made using foundation papers. I have done several of them in different styles but this one I kept for myself...It was quick and easy and I like it very much.





 This is just one panel I kept from a couple of full size quilts with these Japanese dolls.
The doll's dress was made from a cotton dress fabric I had made for myself years and years ago. The quilts have been given as gifts and I never took any pictures of them but this little panel I still have.


This little quilt was also made many years ago and the fabric and pattern were in a kit.
At the time I was discovering Amish quilts and even made a little doll which is somewhere in the house ....




This is one of my favourite miniature quilts. It was made a couple of years ago and it was a gift.




11 comments:

  1. This is quite a quilt show, lovely things, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the 3 sisters and the geisha, all of your projects are so beautifully done and finished.
    Great job.

    Bobbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is good to see some of the older projects. I like them all. Isn't it frustrating when you look back and realise how many you don't have a record of!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to see such a range of your quilts. Lovely inspiration here for a newbie like me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pillows.You have all kind of beautiful projects. The miniature quilts are adorable.Keep up the nice work and thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing. I want to try a miniature quilt and you have just inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful projects. I especially love the pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for a mini quilt show. Love the mug rug and the last mini with houses and logcabins.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Celia.
    My name is Celia de Argentina.
    I really like your blog.
    Skip to visit
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  10. Olá Celia,
    que lindos os seus trabalhos, fico encantada com sua criação. Me apaixonei pela almofada das "Tres irmãs", parabéns.

    Beijos

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fun projects! I especially like the geisha and the blue work.

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...