Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Face Paiting and AccQuilt Fabric Cutter

Finally I have completed something...
This is the project I started in a class with Bonnie McCaffery a couple of weeks ago. It's my first experience with painting on fabric so overall I am pleased that I completed it.



Here's a closeup.  Bonnie's  technique explained on her book, involved applying tule over the hair but I could not find the right type of tule to have the same effect, so the hair was applied down with invisible thread in a random pattern. I also used a metallic gold thread on the hair.  On the border seam I inserted red sequins to give it a more glamours look.
One thing left to do is to label the quilt and come up with the name....Any suggestions ?




This week I received a much antecipated order from Hancock's of Paducah...





Noddy, also thought it was great ...



Its was a fabric cutter.... I got a couple of die sets.



Had a bit of a play with it.....



And ended up with these shapes...



Just to finish off , here is some words  I look at each day in my studio....


4 comments:

  1. Hey well done with the fabric painting! Looks fabulous - can't help you with a name though. Who is it of? I am looking forward to hearing what you think of the fabric cutter. I have been trying to decide if I need one and if they are worth buying or do they generate too much waste.
    Happy stitching

    ReplyDelete
  2. Es un trabajo genial!!!!
    Es máquina parece una maravilla!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wise words, I'll be attentive and take these moment in reflection. Wonderful work. Thank you for the affection.

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...