Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Quilt Show and Opera

I have made  some progress on a number of quilting projects I have but I prefer to blog when at least the  the tops are completed.
So instead, I'm going to show you a number of quilts done by my friend Jennifer.  She doesn't have a blog of her own but has granted me permission to show you her work.
I admire Jennifer's work ever since I met her about 23 years ago.  She is not afraid of trying different techniques and I am always so impressed what she can do with her fabric stash the way she puts fabrics together  to make a quilt.
She gives away a lot od her work to family and friends and her inspiration tends to be magazines or her imagination.













Musical inspiration for today....

Last night I attended Opera Australia production of La Bohème by Puccini.
The video I'm featuring here is not from that performance but by Angela GHEORGHIU  singing " Si mi chiamano Mimi" which is part of the love duet.  There is a connection with quilters and that is when she tells us in this aria that she is a seamtress that embroiders flowers...



5 comments:

  1. Wow! Lots of great quilts there. I think the last one is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your friend is a prolific quilter! Tell her well done for me!

    LaDonna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Qué lindos quilts!!!
    very nice!!!
    Saludos desde Argentina!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of tops needing quilting......time to find a longarmer or buy a quilting machine! What a lovely stack of adorable quilts your friend has made! Opera is a real escape isn't it?

    Happy Sewing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tu amiga hace unos edredones maravillosos!!!

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...