Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Basket Quilt is finished

My week off work has been very productive. 
I made this wall hanging from my stash of bright fabrics and the pattern is from McCall's Quilting magazine (July/Aug 2011).
Its fused applique and secured with machine blanket stitch with colour coordinated threads.




This is block 12 of the Barbara Brackman weekly  blog that I'm still trying to catch up.



And a very small utilitarian item, a shoe bag for my daughter.
She helped me with the construction.
She has her own blog to document her own interests... 



8 comments:

  1. Love the show bag and LOVE LOVE LOVE the basket quilt some day I may ask where you got the pattern, but not this year - still too many UFO's. Have you planned someshere special to hang it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your basket quilt! It's so summery and pretty! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you have been busy. Love the basket blocks, the polka dots are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Celia,

    Love your basket quilt so bright and happy along with the bag for your daughter,love the material chosen for that.
    Happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very productive week, cute basket quilt, you have some great stash. Shoe bag will have plenty of use, I'm sure. Will check out your daughter's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a week.You've been really busy. I love your basket quilt, the bright colors and the dots match beautifully.
    Love the fabric you used on your daughter's bag.
    Beijos,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful your basket quilt and so delicious shoes bag!! Someday i'll get there!!
    Olívia Ferrari

    ReplyDelete
  8. Celia: Your work is beautiful. Yours years of experience and love for the art truly show in your work. Enjoy. Ruth

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...