Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Friday, November 4, 2011

Love is....

This week I had an extra quilting day because we had a Public Holiday in Melbourne so I turned that day into some creative time.
A few years ago I made a quilt for my daughter's bed and ended up with some leftover fabrics .

This is the quilt ...



Last year I had also made some stitcheries but had no specific project in mind, so they stayed in the UFO box. 



So I decided to just make up a small quilt without a pattern and just cutting up squares so that the sticheries would be framed in a pleasing way.


Bit by bit rectangles, squares, flying geese, 2 patch blocks, pinwheel block were joined...


Until the final border was added.


Then I got the top ready for handquilting...


I have tons of embroidery threads which I purchased years ago in South Africa.  They are mainly  cotton Perle no. 8 and Stranded cotton and the colours are varigated. I just love them and decided to use it for the quilting.



 We had a lovely sunny afternoon today so I hung my quilts under the gazebo to show them.

And here it is ...." LOVE IS"


Close ups...



The two quilts together..



There's still fabric left.... hum, what shall I make next ????

12 comments:

  1. Lovewly quilts! The emboideries are really cute! Very soft and pretty colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful use of your leftovers! I love all the colors of your embroidery threads... I think I could stare at them all day long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh que espectaculo!!!! todo esta precioso, me he fijado en cada detalle y hasta la letra me enamoro.
    FELICITACIONES!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Célia,

    ficou belíssimo o bordado com o patchwork. Gosto muito de misturar técnicas, isto enriquece o trabalho. Realmente era um pena estar na caixa de Ufos. Os outros bordados voce pode usar em almofadas para complementar este trabalho.

    Beijos

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both quilts are beautiful, love the creativity of "Love Is." So very special, maybe you should make it into a pattern. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. How Gorgeous does your Quilt Look & I Love the One you made your DD...Just Beautiful.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing quilt, even more beautiful because it came from the extras of What a mouthwatering collection of embroidery threads, I can see why you wanted to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Celia!
    You make miracles with leftovers!!!
    I love to see this combination of embroidery and patchwork. Too beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your quilts are gorgeous. Boy what you can do with left over scraps.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous project! Love the stitcheries and how to set them together! Makes me want to do some hand quilting!

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...