Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Baby Quilt

I have done a bit of sewing on a couple of swaps but until they reach the recipients I can't show you. But finally finished something I can share on the blog.
Part of the backing fabric.


I cut up the 5 1/2" squares with the AccuQuilt and in no time I put the quilt together.


The fabrics I used were from a collection called "From Little things" by Sarah Fielke.


I want to share with you my pin collection. I have hundreds of pins that I purchased locally or from my travels.

I pin them to a bag and hang the bag in my studio but I photographed it outside to get better exposure.


I flatted the bag to show you some of the pins...



These are my favourites, from my trip to Hawaii, New York including the Blue Note Club, my cruise on the cruise liner "Pride of America", a couple of visits to Disneyland, International Quilt Festival in Houston, Catalina Island, etc. All fond memories of places, people and activities we did...




This week many tributes have been made for Whitney Houston.
I always loved her music so I'll leave you with a favourite of mine.

7 comments:

  1. Love the baby quilt and that is a great way to display your pins. I think you might have to make a new bag soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The baby quilt is wonderful. I love the fabrics, the kissing little birdies are so cute! I know that it's going to be a success.The backing is also very beautiful, the flowers are very appropriate for a baby girl. I think you made a master piece.
    your pins are lovely, what a great collection of pins and memories. I know every time you look at one it reminds you of a trip and the places you visited.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Beijinhos,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I loveeee your pins and think it's super important to keep on collections, it is a really good heritage for you and to others. (:
    My favorite one is the one from the mad hatter! And your bag is so cute too! And so simple! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Olá Célia,
    já estava a sentir falta das tuas costuras. Ficou linda a colcha bebê, ainda estou a escolher um tema para fazer uma, e gostei muito do modelo do saco e dos pinos. Parabéns pelos trabalhos.

    Bjs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the quilt! Great pins collection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty quilt! Congratulations on your finish! I like your way of show casing your pins.. great idea. I have a few pins that have been sent to me but I haven't figured, until now, how to show them. :) LOVE your bow tie quilt... so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt is adorable, I love those fabrics. x

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...