Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Autumn Quilt

Autumn is here..... my favourite season of the year. I love it because some days we have blue skies and sunshine and other days it's cloudy wet or windy. Inspiration for me comes from variety in all aspects of life.

Today is cloudy and warm and we had rain overnight. I just took this picture of my latest completed project.  It's another gift quilt.


Years ago I did a class based on Ricky Tims's technique of Convergence Quilts.
That's the quilt block in the centre of the quilt.  Like so many quilters, I often try out blocks or have extra blocks for projects or simply don't like the particular fabrics chosen, so I have accummulated these over the years.
So this quilt is purely made from leftovers blocks. The only planning that I had to do, was making the sides of the 4 patch blocks to ensure they would fit.


I made these blocks a couple of weeks ago for my friend  Teresa as part of our swap of Farmer's Wife Blocks.  Now that the blocks have reached her, I can share the pictures.



And given that I started on the Autumn theme, I'll end the same way, with a classic song that I adore....

7 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous quilt. What an awesome idea to use orphan blocks. you did a great job, making them all fit so perfectly.
    Beijos,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your quilt - must be full of memories. The blocks you made for your swap look great too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely quilt, such a great way to use up blocks that hadn't found a home yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea and great quilt!
    Love all the blocks of the Farmers wife!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job of turning extra blocks into a finished quilt. It looks quite coordinated. Love your farmers wife blocks, there are so many people working on them now, but they all have sub different fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Celia,

    a manta ficou belíssima, a pessoa que irá receber com certeza vai amar. Também gosto do outono, é uma estação de dias mais mais frescos.

    Beijinhos

    ReplyDelete
  7. Precioso todo lo que tiene en el blog,,,BENDITAS MANOS,,,,un saludo desde ESPAÑA.

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...