Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Civil War Bride - block 18

I haven't completed many projects, mainly due to work commitments and hand-applique is not something you can rush.
But I have completed my 18th block for the Civil War quilt.  Two more blocks and the border to go.  Would love to finish it by the end of the year... We'll see.
 
 
These are the blocks I have completed so far.  I am happy how they have turned out and when they get assembled it will make a beautiful heirloom quilt.


 For a bit of fun I cut out this wall hanging which need to be blanket stitched..
 

 I just love the beautiful roses blooming in the garden at the moment.  This one almost doesn't look real!


These flowers, commonly known as Pigface, are just about everywhere in people's garden including mine.

 

4 comments:

  1. Very nice work. Your blocks look amazing, i'm sure the civil War Bride Quilt will be fabulous.
    The xmas wall hanging is just so cute. Love it.
    The garden is so colorful. Your roses are fantastic, they are so beautiful.
    Beijinhos,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Celia,

    Gosh your blocks are stunning. I have the same pigface which has just flowered. I saw it in the garden of a local pre-primary a few years ago and took a piece.

    Happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...