Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Made a new bag....

I made one of Monica Poole's bags last week but just haven't had a chance to take a photo until now.
 

 
It's a nice size to use for various purposes, with two external pockets and a zipper closure at the top. It was quite easy to make it.
 

My scraps continue to increase so I decided to play with them by making this 7" block.
 
I got the pattern from the latest Quiltmaker magazine.  The block was presented by Bonnie Hunter and it's paper pieced/foundation.  It uses quite small pieces so unfortunately it has made no dent on the scrap bin.  But I enjoyed playing with the fabrics and making a big mess when cutting the pieces down to size.
 


I have participated in a pincushion swap, so this is one of the pincushions I received.  Very cool block and I love it in red.

I have been given a few tops to practice my quilting skills on and the quilt will then be given away to charity.  This is one of those I completed.
And this is what the entire quilt looks like....


I have started a new quilt using wool applique and pieced blocks in reproduction fabrics. I think it's going to be a while before I have something to show because work commitments and holiday preparations are taking a fair bit of my time.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Celia,
    just love the bag! I'm known as the bag lady among my friends, cannot resist making a bag. It looks a really nice pattern too.
    Fay Cape Town South Africa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Celia,

    ficou linda a bolsa!! Adoro trabalhos feitos com scraps, dão lindas combinações!! Parabéns pelo quilting, está fantástico!. Agora estou num novo endereço, quando puder venha me visitar.
    Beijinhos

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been really busy this time. The bag is awesome and your scrappy block is fantastic. I wish i had so many scraps too.
    Beijinhos,
    teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your bag but your scrappy block is awesome. It really measures just 7 inch?
    Brigitte/A

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...