Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Ohio Stars Quilt and more scrap fun


A couple of years ago I participated on a block swap with Jan Marie . I made her Log Cabin blocks and she made me these Ohio Start blocks.
I had them all in a box but not quite sure how I wanted to put them together until last week when I purchased this great fabric (grey) for $5 a metre.
 
 
I enjoy getting an idea and within the same day just going into my studio and make that idea come alive.  No pressure of having to write up patterns and considering anything else apart from enjoying the process... and that is exactly what I have done with this quilt.
 
Here it is the finished quilt !!! Just love it...

 
Another fun thing I Iike to do from time to time is to play with my scraps.  Bonnie Hunter from Quiltville has been doing a a videocast doing this block and while I watch her I make my own blocks and be part of the community.

 
 
Took these pictures today of my garden; it's calling me to give it some attention.
But still rewarding me with it's beautiful camellias and...
 
And the first Spring rose !


 
Some more pictures I took last month in the city of my birth....Lisboa.
  



 
 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. Gracias Celia; por darme un paseo por Lisboa....tu quilt a quedado bellísimo...bsbs Lily

    ReplyDelete
  2. The star quilt looks wonderful, the grey fabric suits it perfectly. Beautiful shots of your lovely Spring garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a special talent to choose fabrics. The grey compliments perfectly the bright colored stars. You made a stunning quilt.
    Love your garden photos, as always and a little tour around Lisbon, also my birth town, is always nice.
    Beijinhos,

    teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. The grey setting squares show off your Ohio Star blocks perfectly! Can you send me a link so I can see the process you're following with Bonnie Hunter for your scrappy little bits? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Olá Célia
    Desde Portugal... onde o Sol Brilha mais.
    Já há bastante tempo que sigo o seu blog, embora nem sempre haja tempo para analisar todas as noticias.
    Gostei muito da reportagem sobre Lisboa, também minha cidade natal. Espero que as férias tenham sido bem agradáveis.
    Agora um pedido, tal como a Gayle, gostaria de ter o link para o vídeo da Bonnie. É possível? Muito obrigada
    Ana Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Celia,

    ficou linda sua manta! adorei o jardim, lindas flores! Que saudades de Lisboa!,
    faz tempo que não vou lá rever a cidade e a família que tenho. Espero que tenha aproveitado
    muito suas férias.

    Beijinhos

    ReplyDelete
  7. Olá Célia, umas fotos lindas da nossa lindíssima Lisboa.
    As suas estrelas coloridas ficaram lindas nesse tecido cinza.
    O seu jardim está lindo como sempre!
    Um abraço,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Olá Célia, umas fotos lindas da nossa lindíssima Lisboa.
    As suas estrelas coloridas ficaram lindas nesse tecido cinza.
    O seu jardim está lindo como sempre!
    Um abraço,

    Reply

    ReplyDelete
  9. The star quilt looks wonderful, the grey fabric suits it perfectly. Beautiful shots of your lovely Spring garden.

    Reply

    ReplyDelete
  10. That quilt is beautiful!!! I have some grey fabric I need to use up. Hmmmm!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...