Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Celtic Solstice - Part 2 and new Quilt Top "Desigual"

I wasn't sure how many blocks I would complete for this week for Part 2 of Celtic Solstice 
but once I got going there was no stopping.
So here are my 100 blocks all done !



It's fun looking at blogs and Facebook postings for those who are participating, picking up a few tips and looking at everyone's colour choices and the best part is that I did not have to buy any fabrics.
I am looking forward to part 3 coming out tomorrow night for us in Australia.

But I have another project to share today...
For a few weeks now I have been making a quilt from an eBook I purchased recently called "Simple Circles and Quick Curves" by Nancy Mahoney.  I was watching Nancy on one of the episodes of QNNtv and as soon as I saw this quilt I had to use up my bright fabrics and make my own version.

The photo is not the best but once I quilt it, I'll take another photo.
 
Close-ups of the blocks... 

 
All the fabrics came from my stash... 


When my husband  saw this quilt top he said I had to call it  "DESIGUAL",  which is my favourite clothes designer from Spain and the label stands for "Atypical Spanish Wear".
Their designs are very creative, unconventional and bright, just like my quilt !

6 comments:

  1. You make wonderful quilts. Your mystery will be great. See you at Bonnie Onfacebook :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those are really cool. I am one of those people who are BEHIND! LOL I'm not stressing over it, just wish I was getting more sewing done and less car driving/shopping/ DH errands! "while we are out...." 4 hrs later we are home. (maybe)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your quilt with the circles. Such a great use of your stash, I will have to look into tat book. I too am working on Bonnie's mystery but I just started yesterday so am way behind. So many little pieces! Yours looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! you have been busy! Now we know why you were cutting all those strips in brights. It looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful modern quilt! I LOVE the fabrics you used!

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...