Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Celtic Solstice - Part 4 and my week..

 The mystery clue  this week was very easy so I got it done in a few hours.
The first and previous mystery that I did of Bonnie was Orca Bay and I found it to be quite a challenge to keep up but eventually the quilt was completed. So last year I was not sure if I wanted to commit to such an undertaking even though Bonnie called it "Easy Street"... I quite liked the way Easy Street turned out so I may do it one day.
These are my four-patch blocks for this week's clue.



A few weeks ago I visited Lily Patches, a quilt store near me and they had a large collection of aboriginal fabrics. At the time I held back but yesterday I went back and got myself a jelly roll and a few fat eights of these bright and original designs.
 The colours are vibrant with enough variety to make almost any project. I got 50 different pieces but they had a lot more designs in stock. I just love them..


My quilting friend Felizarda from Lisbon sent me these gorgeous gifts she made. I just love the fact that they represent some aspects of the city/country of my birth..

Portugal exports cork and they make a lot of things with this versatile product.


 
A few things blooming in my garden; the smell of the gardenias is so wonderful...


 And soon I'll be having lots of zucchini/courgettes to make delicious dishes.  I have not planted any other veggie this time.
 
 
 As it's close to Xmas, I want to wish everyone a lovely day whatever you do...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...