Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

My friends's quilts

 

Since I last blogged I have been very busy with work and the weather has been very warm which makes me very tired.
 
My friend Lynne needed her top quilted as it was going to be a gift to post overseas so with  limited time I decided to free-motion quilting using a variegated thread to match the pink.
I really like the simple block with the pink borders and the fabrics are so gorgeous too.

 


My other friend Jennifer S. came over for a quick visit to show me what she had been doing.  I so love her style ; she is a true quilter who uses most of her stash in her quilts and cames up with such lovely quilts which end up being mostly gifts.

A few years ago, she and I used to hand dye our fabrics and at every opportunity she uses those fabrics; I still have mine in a huge box !
Another such example of her creativity was this quilt. 
A few weeks ago I went through my fabrics and general sewing supplies and offered them to her.
Well, she gathered up the William Morris fabrics she found in that stash and made this lovely top which turned out great.
It just goes to show that one man's trash is another man's treasure.

Here is another of her recent creations; she knows that I am not a huge fan of 'Sunbonnet Sue" quilts but I quite like what she did with this version .

I don't have any of my own projects to show today but I have been doing some applique which always take quite a while when time is limited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...